Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 28 December 2010

My Fave Top 10 of 2010 and a Little News.

All over blogland I've seen peeps showing their favourite top 10 makes of the year, so I thought I'd join in.
I'll start off with this one.....


My most recent addiction to Sugar Nellies Simply Sassy range, and this little lady was the first image I coloured. I just love her face, she's so beautiful.


I love this Country Cousins Fairy, used here for a Christmas card but I'll be using her for birthday cards too. And I love the colour combo of red, pink and pale blue.


This was the Sugar Bowls sketch 39, and I used an old Elisabeth Bell image that had never seen any ink.
The sketch was by Lilian, and at first I really didn't like the sketch as there was little room left for adding any embellies, but once I'd finished the card I fell in love with Lils sketch which really makes the image the focal point. Clever Lils!


Another Simply Sassy called Bella Bunting. I love how my colouring came out on this one, and the gorgeous Websters Pages papers from my buddy Amanda.


I needed a wedding card and quickly! The only wedding image I possess is this LOTV stamp. Very quick and easy to colour and teamed with another of this years fave papers, Ella Blue.


"It's your Birthday, whether you like it or not!"
This was hubbys birthday card. I find making mens cards so difficult, but Phil loved my silly card.


Another Country Cousins image. This little girl is a really sweetie and I sent this Christmas card to a sweet friend in Norway.


My favourite stamp for Christmas 2009 and favourite papers too, so I dug them out and used them for the Sugar Nellie blog hop in September.


A much older stamp this time. One of the engineers who worked with us asked me to make a card for his Mums birthday. She loved it and he got extra brownie points.


Lastly, another Country Cousins image. I just love the sweet image and another set of my fave papers.
What I have learnt over the course of this year is that my cards are pretty simple and that's what I like doing best.
Now on to the bits of news: My Mum had a lovely Birthday. I sent a link to my blog to my Dad, and Mum read the comments. I did get a bit of a telling off for putting her photo on, but she was so grateful for all your good wishes and lovely comments. She said 'You do know some really lovely people', and I agree.

I have stepped down from my position on the Sugar Nellie DT, amid floods of tears! But things have been so busy here that my crafting time has been radically reduced to almost zero, and I don't have the time to make all the samples that I am supposed to make. The last thing I want to do is let Karen down after all that she has done for me, so I felt the only option was to leave. I will be forever grateful to you Karen for this wonderful opportunity and for all the fun I've had, and I know I will miss it.
I have stayed on at the Sugar Bowl (thank you Sugar Mama) but taken a little break. I'll be back again soon.
Lastly, I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and I hope Santa brought you lots of lovely goodies.

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave.
Love Elaine xxx

31 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful cards, they look amazing together.
    Sorry to hear that you've stepped down from the Sugar Nellie DT, but hopefully you'll get some time to make and post your wonderful creations on here :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such stunning cards Elaine!! Your work is always so beautiful and I luv it, you know that! How sad that you've had to step down from Sugar Nellie, I bet you cried a river full Hun. Hopefully you'll still have some crafting time as I'd hate to not see you in blogland anymore with your fabby talent! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed New Year. Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Elaine I can see why these are some of your fav creations..I LOVE your style
    awesome colouring & layouts..as to you stepping down from SN it must have been very hard but when you have a full time job your time must be precious..so enjoy your crafting..hope you didnt get TOO much of a telling off from MUM?? LOL

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't need to say much about your cards cause you knows what I think of them simply stunning!!!!....everyone of them :D.

    Sending you huge hugs....Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elaine,
    There now hope you feel better you were probably worrying too much silly you! (bless ya)
    lovely to see all your faves in one hit and you really do not need lots on your cards as your colouring is perfection!!
    hugs
    Suzie qx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All wonderful!!! I love them all! I am so sorry to see you go from SN DT. It has been short and sweet. You will be greatly missed by me and the others. Do keep in touch,

    much love Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie these are all favourite of mine and I got two of them in my collection, lucky me!!
    I'll be soon sending you a little something + some Norwegian sweets I picked up today ;) I'll let you know when I've been to the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous collection of cards, each and every one so beautifully coloured. Love your style!
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame you have had to step down from Sugar Nellie, but you have left them with the most gorgeous work over the time you were there. As I have always said your colouring is incredible and just so gorgeous.
    Good luck in everything else you do.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 absolut stunning cards. Love the colouration.. Sinikka:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards Elaine,sometimes it is hard to fit things around work i know the feeling at the moment,hope you had a lovely christmas
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Elaine!

    One word "beautiful". Just love your work, simple and stunning and your colouring is just amazing :o)Sorry to hear you have stepped down from SN, and I know running a house, working full time and finding time for yourself can be impossible. Hope things settle down hun and I look forward to seeing your gorgeous work soon.

    Take care sweetie and have a great New Year!

    Big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all so very beautiful! I can understand why you picked those ten. But than again I love all the cards I have seen last year on your blog. Hope to see more of them in the new year!
    I can understand why you quit from your DT-work. It's very important to look after yourself first. I got myself a burn-out last year and had to learn the hard way that you have to make choices in live.
    Hugs and xxxxx
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful collection of cards - you're very talented!! So sorry to hear you've stepped down from SN - just a day after Dena, Karen must be tearing her hair out!! But I agree, better to step down than to start letting people down. I'll miss your fabby SN creations (but I'm sure you'll still be using SN stamps!!) Hugs, Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elaine, all of these cards are amazing! You are one talented chic! I wish you the very best and hopefully your job will slow down and allow you more crafting time!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your style is beautifully distinctive & I'm glad you've find your own way as to kinds of cards - it's a process I think. Lovely to see your choices from amongst your own work too. Hope that things will be less fraught in the New Year & take care of yourself too - hope you'll be able to have some crafting time for yourself.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  17. every single one is a stunner Elaine,
    I was so gutted to see the news on the SN blog.
    hope you get back to having some "me-time" soon
    because the crafting world will certainly miss your gorgeous cards
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Elaine. I think your 'simple' style is just perfect. Sorry to hear your leaving the Sugar Nellie DT but am pleased you'll stll be making cards. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, hun x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab top ten and happy your mum had a fab birthday too. Sad about your news but can understand your reasons and it's always good to leave on a high but will miss seing your cards, but will pop by your blog to se the ones you do have time to make. Hugs and here is wishing you good health happiness and more craft time in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Elaine they are all stunning and I can understand why you choose these ones as they are all gorgeous and striking.
    I know how much its been a wrench to leave Sugar Nellie but you are one of the most hard working people I know and Im sure you will still be called on when they need you.
    I sincerely hope you had a wonderful Christmas. With love and huge hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are always so beautiful! :)
    I hope you have a happy new year, and find the time to enjoy your hobby. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Elaine

    I've not been around in blog land for what seems an age!

    Sorry to hear your stepping down from the Simply Sassy DT. I hope after your break we get to see some gorgeous cards from you when you get back on track.
    Cant wait to see more sugar and other stamps from you!

    Gorgeous collection of cards Elaine and I would have to say I think some of these are my favourites of yours too! I love your take on Mo Manning!

    I hope you have a lovely end of week, and that the new year opens loads of new doors for you and takes you places you have wanted to go for a while! I'l have a drink and I'l be thinking of all my good friends off and on line!

    Have a good one!

    Hugs

    Kimmi

    p.s. say hi to the boy for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Elaine I love all off your creations chum, your images and detail are always stunning and what a fabulous choice you have made, all stunner's and sorry that you had to step down from your SN DT but I'm sure they understand and you have to think of you first chum, glad your Mum had a super birthday.
    Wishing you and your family a fabulous New Year
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a really wonderful selection of cards Elaine!
    Every card is a work of art. Thanks for the great inspiration.
    I wish you a happy, creative and healthy new year with plenty time for crafting.
    Big hugs,
    Swantje

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Elaine,
    So sorry to hear that you have stepped down from the Sugar Nellie DT. I shall miss seeing your wonderful cards there.
    The cards you have showcased are all just stunning, I would be hard pushed to decide which was my fav of all of them.
    Hope you have been able to unwind over the Christmas break and have a Happy New Year.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Elaine, hope you had a lovely Christmas, love all your cards hun, perfect colouring and details, wishing you a lovely New Year hun, hopefully I'll be able to be in touch more too lol, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Elaine...your cards are just so distinctive and gorgeous...I love them all!! Sorry you stepped down from Sugar Nellie DT...but am sooooooo glad you're going to continue as a Sweetie!! Just take care of yourself, hon!! Lots of hugs coming your way from Richmond, VA, USA!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  28. All your creations are wonderful, Elaine and you should be very proud to be able to show such a collection!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Elaine
    love ALL of your cards (nothing new there then)lol.
    So pleased your Mum had a great Birthday.
    As for you stepping down from the Sugar Nellie D.T, it must have been such a hard decision for you to make, BUT when deadlines take over YOUR precious time it's time to call it a day.
    I just DON'T know how/when you managed to do all the sample's you did, when you work, run a home etc etc etc. So dry those tears and look forward to the New Year when (hopefully) you will have more time to create what you want ,when you want.
    Hope you & your family have a great New Year
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Elaine,

    just passed by to wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2011.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your work Elaine! May I ask what you use to color--is it copics or distressed inks, or...? Love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love :)