Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 21 January 2011

Romantic Dreamer.....

Nope, not me! I'm too darn old and too darn tired for any romantic dreaming!
It's been a devil of a week again, but then most weeks are pretty busy, next week being no exception with a few after work activities. Tuesday is 'Parents Evening' Oh joy of joy, how I love parents evening!
The last one I went to, I felt like sticking my head in the oven by the time we got back home (except we have an electric oven so I would've only burnt my ears and not gassed myself ) The story goes: Hal's a good pupil, well behaved, good manners and no trouble at school. I just wish they would stop there, but oh no there's always a 'but'. BUT he could do better, always he could do better. I did point out to one of the teachers last time, that since he got an A* in his exam, how exactly would he achieve a better result? I know they have his best interests at heart but I do wish that sometimes they would praise him for the good results as well as pointing out his errors! Wednesday and Friday is the usual Jujitsu for Hal. Thursday I will be paying for the privilege of being tortured at the dentist and Friday is 2 hours at the hairdressers while he tries to cover up the ever increasing grey hairs. Good week huh?
I only realised tonight that I'd not posted the following card on my blog, only on the Sugar Nellie group over on Face book.



OK, so you know the image is called Romantic Dreamer available to buy HERE and as always she's been coloured with DI's. The papers are Websters Pages and were a Christmas gift from my lovely buddy Amanda over in the States. A ms border punch, a Doo Hickey swirly whirly and a Nellie Snellen flower.

My craft room is now all clean, tidy and junk free but with little free time this week the junk has been shoved in a cupboard until I can find the time to sort it into bin/learning centre/blog piles and finally rid myself of it.
And I have an inbox full of lovely emails, so please forgive me if you're waiting for a reply, I will catch up with everyone over this weekend.
Before I go, the lovely Debbi has some fabulous candy on offer in honour of her upcoming birthday.


I'll post the photo and a link on my sidebar shortly so pop over and join in. If you've not been to Debbi's blog before (why not!!) make a cuppa first and enjoy looking at her beautiful cards.
My candy ends tomorrow at 9am so I will be back over the weekend to post the winner, thank you everyone that took the time to enter and thank you also if you answered my question on candy. It appears you are a very easy to please bunch and are quite happy with Sassy's, LOTV's or Hanglars.

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave.
Love Elaine xxx

31 comments:

  1. Elaine, your colouring is just awesome. Think I may have to migrate from copics to DI's, ummmmm need a lot of practice first though, lol. Just sooooooooooo Gorgeous. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Elaine! Your colouring is so beautiful, as always!! Sounds like we are having equally miserable weeks. We've got a team parent meeting both tonight AND tomorrow morning, always makes me want to find a really tall bridge, then emerg dentist appointment Monday with hopefully follow-up by the end of the week :0 Good luck with your dentist and parents meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine
    Love your card.
    Sound's like you have a busy week ahead of you this week. I just can't believe Hal's teacher's, poor little might I bet he wonder's WHY he bother's, if they never give him any praise. All I can say is, that it's a good job he has such a lovely Mum to praise him.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, I'm so impressed with your DI coloring, soft and beautiful. I think they feel like they must leave some room for improvement in those parent conferences, but is sounds like Hal is a great pupil, so don't sweat it! Hope your week goes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your comment about the oven that really make me lol ! Great card too I love the purples teamed with green Looks so fresh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the card is very pretty and the swirl is the perfect touch. Is this the one you wrote me about the issue with the embellishments cause if it is I wouldn't change a thing. Have fun getting your hair done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Elaine, and fab colour combo. Love the swirl.
    Have to say recognise the BUT syndrome .. Ellie is the same. At least they are doing well :)
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous card, Elaine. we had parents day for Kim on Wednesday. Unfortunately, her teachers are the same...very nice girl, brilliant personality, more than capable - just needs to put in more effort. Unfortunately, she needs to stop talking to put in more effort and somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen, lol. Hope things quieten down a bit for you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy that's a pretty busy week sweetie!!
    Hope you will have a nice weekend :)
    Lots of hugs and you know I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hon your card is just breath taking !!! So love the papers you used and as always your coloring is gorgeous.
    I hear you on the work week dear. Oh what week for me after being off for so long. I am so glad it is Friday. Hope you are well dear. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. she's gorgeous Elaine!
    Teachers always have a BUT... when I was at school I was always a great student etc etc... BUT I talked too much in class! Who didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, love the Sassy images and the papers are sooooo pretty.
    Have a great weekend
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elaine this is gorgeous! Your DI coloring is amazing and you've used those Webster's Pages to their absolutely best advantage!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring is so beautiful, love the colors and pretty DP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankfully Hal has you for a Mum! I love what you have done with this image - her skirt is incredible & I love the way you have used the pattern in the paper for the design of the bottom left corner. The use of blue for the book in her hand is brilliant.
    Take care next week - shall be thinking of you.
    Paula (PEP)
    http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elaine, this is beautiful, I adore it. Gorgeous colours, beautiful image & colouring. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card in a lovley colour combination. She is really sweet and coloured supurb.
    Do they really have to stress a child that early..... Perhaps teachers have to learn to sit on their BUT(T).
    Hugs Sinikka

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi hi,

    what an awesome card!!! I think the colors are gorgeous!

    Have a nice weekend!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is one of the few that i actually read through and i thoroughly enjoy your ramblings, so never stop! I do hope that things will go better at school for your boy, we had been told our little girl should go to a remedial school, we didnt listne, she is in mainstream and getting all A's. These teachers dont know it all.
    I aboslutelely love your card and the deep purple cardstock just made everything POP! fabulous coloring, this one is a real stunner!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card Elaine and gorgeous colouring too. Love your simple layout and that swirl is just scrummy :o)

    Gosh you do have a very busy week hun, but fingers crossed you can fit in some crafty time!!

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Elaine
    A gorgeous card have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Elaine, love the colour combo you have used and the swirls.
    Hope parents evening went well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Elaine,
    sounds like you had a rough week
    will answer your email tonight
    thanks for the mention
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elaine this is a truly gorgeous creation, I love the colour and papers. Your swirl and flower are a superb embellishment.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the purple and green, I think I`m gonna have to try to use those colors myself. I`m more of a pink scrapper than a purple one. ;)

    The card is beautiful as always, the swirl and the simple yet effective decorations just fills the card so nicely. :)

    Have a nice saturday.
    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Elaine,

    Parents Evenings are all the same!!! There is always a big BUT!

    Your card is beautiful, love the image and really must invest in some of these.

    Love Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is sooooooo AMAZING.
    The image is very cute.
    Love your colouring - it is perfect as always, Elaine :-)
    Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Lots of hugs from Germany
    Swantje

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this image its so gorgeous! Great layout too!

    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Elaine,
    Your colouring is just awesome and this card is an absolute stunner. Love it.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card Elaine!!

    Had to laugh at your parents' evening whinge - sounds about right. Hope this one isn't too headache inducing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a gorgeous card Elaine. Love the colouring of the image and the design also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love :)