Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 28 May 2010

Seeing Double??

Nope, you're not really seeing double! This was born of necessity.
I don't get much time during the week to make cards, so most of what I do make is done over the weekend.
So last night, we'd had tea and I'd cleaned the kitchen then gone upstairs to have a shower. I'm merrily singing away (badly) when the realisation hit me that I needed an anniversary card for today!
By this time it was almost 8pm, and I don't know about anybody else, but I'm so very slow at colouring that I knew I wouldn't have the time to colour an image and make it into a card.
I searched through my card box to see if I could find anything remotely suitable, but of course there never is!
Then I wondered if maybe any shops would be open so I could buy a card, nope.
Nothing left to do but to move my bum and make one.
Since my last card for the previous weeks Quixotic Challenge was a really quick and easy card to make, I thought I'd do another.

Despite having a small mountain of sentiments, this was the only one that was anywhere near suitable.
I've used the same layout, just for speed really.
It would have been a really quick card if I hadn't made an almighty mess of it right at the end! Tut, tut and Dear dear I said, or words to that effect! And I started it all over again!
Sorry about the rubbish photo, I took it this morning at work before I wrote it and took it downstairs to Matt. A bit of a slushy sentiment, but as this is only their 2nd anniversary I figured I could get away with slushy!
List of Goodies:
Sentiment is another Paper Makeup from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie, DP is Pink Paislee, charms off ebay and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave. I'll be back after my weekend away.
Love Elaine xx

33 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful card and I love the layout
    tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's lovely, Elaine! i think you did a great job, and the sentiment works wonderfully. :) i'm sure he was thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine
    A beautiful card,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elaine - Its beautiful. Its not at all slushy (well I dont think so anyways). Love the sentiment and the little Happy Anniversary in the corner is fab. Lovely papers and colours. Again - its simple and elegant and does what it says on the tin. LOVE IT!

    Hugs

    Kimmi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well for a rush job Elaine, you did a fabulous job, love the sentiments and the colors you used. Hope you have a lovely weekend away.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Elaine, I love the layout and the colours you've chosen, just fab. Well done for getting it done at the last minute and I hope you enjoy your weekend away. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elaine, Im sure your friends loved their card, its gorgeous, and the sentiment is just right for a such a short married couple. Beautiful papers to, with love and hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love your card!!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done elaine its a great card for a quicky love the sentiment it is perfect hugs Toni

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card and the sentiment is just gorgeous!! We love the colours and papers!
    Love and hugs
    Emma and susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Elaine, I LOVE this sentiment and the colours are beautiful! Gorgeous card! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and wow what a sweet sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elaine it is beautiful. That is a gorgeous sentiment and I bet he was thrilled with it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card - gorgeous papers all working so well together.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card!!, they will love it!!
    Have a fabby weekend, and hope the weather is nice!!
    Take care love Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Elaine. The colours are perfect and so is the sentiment. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and the sentiment is lovely.
    Love, Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Elaine,
    well i must say you make a damn good job of quick cards, lovely sentiment x
    hugs
    Suzie qx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card Elaine. That sentiment is so sweet. Love the colour combo.. one of my favourites :)

    Have a great weekend
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to laugh for I know what you mean - about colouring, starting again & about chaos -just had new shelving fitted for husband's 3-4 thousand books & we moved the art books from my craft room last night - can I find anything....... Thanks for all your lovely commenta on my work too.
    Paula (PEP)
    http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Elaine,
    Great card- wish I could make a quick one that looks as good as this!! Loving the fresh colours and if the layout works for you, why not use it again (and again if necessary LOL) Have a fab weekend, I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.
    Hugs,
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards you made.
    Hugs,Willy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hurried or not - it looks fab - well done. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Elaine, love the sentiment you've used and the embellies and papers are so pretty, a perfect Anniversary card
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job done by you. You are very talented. I wish to make one just similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the colour combo its just stunning perfect for an anniversary card . Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Elaine, this card is GORGEOUS!
    Great choice of papers, flowers and a lovely sentiment.
    Have a nice day.
    Lots of hugs from Swantje

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely stunning!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Elaine
    what a lovely card, I bet Matt loved it too. I can't believe you did this in a hurry, (my rushed card's always end up in the bin) lol. And as for slushy, if you can't do slushy on your anniversary when can you lol.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  30. ohh, look, how many comments!!! wahst should i say, what is not sayed already.... you are a wonderful crafter!! and... my meaning.. a good in german... mensch!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Elaine, I love this card. It's so subtle and soft. Just beautiful.
    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card, nothing else to be added.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love :)