Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 6 May 2010

Shy Emmylou

I shall be very glad when this week is over, so thank goodness that it's Friday tomorrow! It's been one thing after another.
I have a lot of birthdays this month, so I'm trying my best to get on top of my card making. Not quite sure whether I'll manage to make all the cards I need but I'll certainly try!
This was a very quickly put together card. I tried paper piecing for the first time and was quite pleased with how it turned out.
I wanted to put those teeny weeny buttons on her dungarees but I couldn't find where I'd put them, so I stuck pearls on instead. Of course I have now found the buttons - typically. And no the pearls won't budge, so looks like I'm stuck with them.
List of goodies: Stamp is one of Kraftin' Kimmies available from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie, DP is BoBunny Kitchen Spice from The Hobby House and flowers are Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts. She's been coloured with the usual DI's.
Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave. 
Elaine xx

13 comments:

  1. Great card. Lovin the paper piecing. Like those papers, might just have to have a nosy round The Hobby House and spend some money eh.
    Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, the image is do cute. The paper piecing is great and I love the backing papers. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis...

    As always gorgeous! Do you think they'd have those dungarees in my size???
    ie...HHHHUUUUUGGGGEEEEE!
    H&S arrived this morning...off for a play, like a fiddle fingered witch???

    Luvs ya

    G x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is sooo cute Elaine and I love the results of the paper piecing
    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card - she looks lovely in the dungarees - not sure I would with that pattern LOL =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW!!!! This image is so cute, fab paper piecing beautiful creation
    Hugs
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love the image, and the patterned paper on the left side is sooo pretty. :)

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Elaine, thats one gorgeous card and that image is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your paper piecing is Outstanding! What a Great first attempt. Wish my first one looked so good. The pearls look great. Your meant to use the buttons on the next one you do, now that you've found them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This a cute card... love it! I have those BoBunny papers... can't bring myself to cut them up yet!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!So precious!! Love your coloring and the colors you used are adorable!!
    Great creations you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is just gorgeous!
    ~pam L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. You put papers and colors together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love :)