Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 14 July 2011

Sugar Bowl Challenge ~ 64

Today is my favourite day of the fortnight, yes it's time for a new Sugar Bowl challenge. For this challenge the sketch has been done by the Sweetie Kiki and as always it's a fabby one. The theme, should you choose to follow it, is a nice and easy one of 'lace'.
Nice and easy for some folks huh! But not me :(  I love lace but it's one of those things that I buy and stash away never to be used. I just can't bear to cut into it.
So I think I deserve a gold star for the addition of lace onto this card!


(I got so many lovely gifts for my birthday last month that it will probably take me the rest of the year to show you everything, so please forgive me if it takes a little while, I do love and appreciate everything I got.)

This little sweetheart is of course one of the new Sherbet Pips, and she's called Cherry Pip and was a gift off the lovely Sweetie Erika along with lots of other rubber - thank you very much Sweetie.
She's been coloured with the usual DI's and Nick Bantock inks. The gorgeous papers are First Edition Up Up Away, a lovely gift off my buddy Fiona, thank you Fi, these colours are right up my street.
The heart circle is a nestie die and a gift off my very sweet friend Patty in America, thank you - I love this die, and I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to Patty (it's a special Birthday too!) for Saturday, I hope you have a fabulous day and get lots of lovely presents xxx
The sentiment is from Whimsy, a couple of punched flowers, a few pearls and a little strip of lace.
Phew...that's a lot of stuff on one of my usually minimalistic cards.


ETA: Thank you Marie for pointing out that I'd put here the sketch for challenge 63 and not the correct one for 64, the sketch above is now the right one, my sincere apologies, some days I'm as thick as two short planks!
The prize for one lucky winner is a choice of any 4 Sugar Nellie stamps, but if there are 100+ entries then the prize will increase to any 6 Sugar Nellie stamps. 
The Sugar Bowl Sweeties are taking a little Summer holiday break, so this challenge will run for four weeks instead of the usual two, so there's plenty of time to get a card made!For all the details on how to enter please visit the Sugar Bowl blog, where you will also find lots of lovely cards for inspiration from the other sweeties.
This is the 3rd card in a row without a Sassy image!!! I think my Sassy girls will be packaging their bags and leaving home soon in search of some inky love...I shall rectify this little 'issue' very soon.


Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave.
Love Elaine xxx

35 comments:

  1. This is just so cute,what a fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goooooooooooooooooooooorgeous sweetie!! ♥♥♥
    And I think you did a fab job with the lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Elaine...this is gorgeous. Just my kind of colours too and i'm glad you like those papers...they are so pretty.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine, it's absolutely gorgeous! I agree, those papers are gorgeous and "right up your street"! The addition of lace is brilliant and still doesn't take it into "fussy" region, which sometimes happens when I try to use it, and I don't do fussy, either. That heart dies is beautiful too....aaah, more on my wishlist:0)
    Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this card..beautifull colors and a lovely stamp!
    Hugs tiets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine! What can I say except...GORGEOUS!!!! I love, love, LOVE each and every one of these cuties...and your have showcased Cherry beautifully!!! Your coloring is divine! Love each and every element!! Simple? I think simply fabulous!! Hugs.
    Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine! This is so beautiful!!! What a nice color combination and such a CUTIE! I just got her! May have to color her up today! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Your card is stunning!!! I love the entire sketch you used! Love your coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elaine, Gorgeous card! Such an adorable image and I love the colour combo of these gorgeous papers.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card - beautifully coloured image and love the papers. Am totally into First Edition papers myself at the moment!!
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation Elaine, i love that image, so cute. Don't have any Sugars myself, but, they are on my wishlist.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable!! I love the colours you've used and the circular sentiment!!

    I gotta get me some of those heart circle nesties!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Elaine. I love the image - she is so sweet! Gorgeous papers and I love the retro flower ;)

    Hugs

    Kimmi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so gorgeous and your coloring is amazing. What lovely friends you have to send you all those wonderful crafty gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Elaine!! You've coloured the cute little Pip perfectly and the papers just look fab (LOVE these first edition pads!) Hugs, Marie xxx
    P.S. I think you've put last time's sketch underneath?! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh hon this is just breath taking !!! I so love these cute pips. Your coloring is gorgeous as always and those papers are so delicious. Sounds like you hit the jack pot on your birthday dear. Big hugs hon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is such an amazing card! Love your coloring...WOW! I think it is just so super special. I am a new follower:) love your blog!

    Will be back often :0)

    Janette G.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh Elaine your colouring is making me green with envy..I look like a dragon..yes even the smoke out me nose..me thinks I need to come to you for lessons in colouring ..I can "DO" for you while I'm there..LOL stunning creation now go get yer chores done..you still not showed Hal where the washer & hoover live???

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Elaine. I LOVE this image and your card.. And this stamp is out of stock so I can't get hold of it... Wahhhh! You have some lovely friends.. As I also like that hearts mat too!
    You've done a fab job with it.. Your colouring is lovely .. And your layout superb!
    Hope the other side of the pennines is sunny today..
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Elaine
    A gorgeous and beautiful card
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, how sweet this is! Love the stamp and the papers you used. It's so awesome.
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  22. stunning card elaine.the image is so sweet and i love your fantastic colouring and yummy first edition papers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh what gorgeous colours Elaine .. and i love that little cutie
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elaine, what a beautiful card! That lace looks perfect, so worth cutting into it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow this is beautiful i love the new image too xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. One Gold star
    Duly awarded
    From not so far
    By car.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cute is this Pip, Elaine, she's adorable! I love what you did with the sketch, the lace is a perfect addition--aren't you glad you made the sacrifice, lol! Love your colors and as always, your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card Elaine, beautifully coloured as always and I'm loving those papers and lace.
    Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Elaine,
    A fabulous car and just love that little sweetie. Gorgeous colour combo and lovely lace and delish papers.
    Oh your poor Sassy's. I can hear them crying from here.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card Elaine and I will give you a gold star for using the lace. I am sure it was traumatic for you but pull up those big girl panties, well you know the rest! Sorry it has taken me so long to blog, just feel like crud this week. And I see you got Patty's birthday right, at least one of us did!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooooh gorgeous Elaine - love it!
    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is super cute Elaine, I love the image and the colour combo is fab.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hiya Elaine, this is gorgeous. I love the colours and such a sweet image. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stunning as always!!!! Love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your colours & colouring are perfect on this beautiful card. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love :)