Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Just When You Thought It Was Safe.....

.....to wander around blogland knowing that I wouldn't be lurking around a corner....and I'm back again! Since I've seen that Karen has posted this card over on the The Sugar Nellie blog then I thought I'd better pop it on here. This is the 4th one of my cards that Karen has shown, but I have to admit that I actually coloured this one last. Because of all the HAIR!!! When I'm buying stamps I really do check to see how much hair the image has, and if it's a lot - I don't buy.
But sometimes it's good to step outside your comfort zone and I think I'm getting over my hair phobia, so thank you Karen for making me push my boundaries.

This little beauty is called Artistic Goddess. As is usual for me I have coloured her with DI's. The DP is Basic Grey Wisteria. A Martha Stewart border punch, I chose this punch as she's painted little hearts at the end of her rainbow. You know I keep buying new border punches and in reality there's a favoured few that I always come back to whilst the rest hide in the bottom of a box.

Before I go: Carol you asked about the nestie I used on the previous post. It's code S5006 Mega Curved Rectangle, and it's huge! The largest die is approx 10cm x 15cm, with the smallest size being 4cm x 5.5cm.
Hope this helps Hun x

Right, I will be back in the morning with my Sugar Bowl card!
Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave.
Love Elaine xx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine,

    I love this image and she is beautifully coloured!! Love the papers and layout!

    Love Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine gosh I dont remember my DD posing for this..LOL well she did have all the hair till it all came off one dreaded day..all the time I spent looking after those beloved locks..sorry ranting on..awesome creation LOVE the hair cant see you EVER have a prob colouring..

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this card earlier today and I think your hair coloring is awesome! And I so love how you color your images. So soft and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally awesome! Since I oil paint I love this image. Your card is perfect and I love the colors and your coloring. Wow...I want all these new Sugar Nellies...ugh...I am going to be in such big trouble. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and I think your colouring and the hair is stunning love the layout too. I find hair a little daunting also but my big worry has to be bears/animals thats why I don't have any in my collection!!! Take care Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Elaine,
    super hair colouring i feel exactly the same !!!
    but have to say i would love all that hair that's one fine mane!!!
    fab card as always x
    hugs
    Suzie Qx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow and you were worried about all of that hair i think it looks amazing Elaine you coloured the hair beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the hair! I think the contrast really makes it stand out. Don't like it when everything is one big blur. Lovely papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why you avoid stamps with hair cos you do a fantastic job with them!!! Beautiful card. I can't wait for my Sassies to arrive!!! Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Elaine, your colouring is stunning, wonderful card
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous Elaine!! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The character you convey in this image with your colouring is absolutely delightful - it reminds me of an art mistress, slightly eccentric but very with it & young & trendy whilst determined to do her own thing.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elaine
    I don't know WHY you worried about the hair, you have coloured it in (as always) to perfection. Talking of hair I have still got a headache from last week, where my two granddaughter's wanted to constantly put (my long thick hair) into either plaits or ponytails, (the things we let our grankids do to us) rotfl.
    I am the same as you with the border punches, I go back time & time again to my favourite. My fave of all time is my M.S. lace one, (which no longer works). I tried taking it back as I hadn't had it very long, but because of the intricate design, they would not replace it. I have tried putting kitchen foil through it to sharpen it but it hasn't worked.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome coloring Elaine and I don't know why you don't like coloring hair as you do a fabulous job on it, just the right coloring and shading.
    Perfection
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love :)